So Stasha took Ducky’s idea this week about what was in our purses.. Really Ducky?? Did you know that I didn’t start carrying a purse until I started taking care of mom. I quit carrying them because my husband and kids would invariably put THEIR stuff in it leaving it impossible for me to find mine. But when I started running with mom everywhere I began to look for a bag that didn’t look like a purse and was big enough to hold things like puzzle books and paper to write on in it, something to bide time in yet another doctors office. Eventually it morphed into a purse.. So here is my list..
1. I have a small metal cross in my purse. It comes with a poem called ” The cross in my pocket”. I have my grandmother’s purse in my closet as well as my mother’s both of them had one in their purses. I can remember getting in memaw’s purse for clippers or her hand lotion as a little girl and invariable finding that little cross. Mom’s was always kept in a side pocket to keep the poem from getting mangled in the pits of her handbag. And now I have one in mine. I almost never found a small metal one, but I had to have that kind. I can put it in my hand and remember so many things. It is my prayer stone, my worry bead, my anxiety calmer and my reminder it’s already done.
2. I am an ink pen junkie. My purse has no less than 12 of them at any one time. Each pen chosen solely off of how it writes and how it feels in my hand. If you are a pen junkie you will understand this completely. Not just any ink pen will work, it just won’t. Thankfully I have other family members who are junkies like I am and help supply my habit and I theirs.
3.A tin of Altoids curiously strong cinnamon breath mints. Yes I am the girl who prefers hot stuff to minty stuff. Unless it is wintergreen and I can go to town on that just as hard.. oh and butter rum.. 3 favorites hands down
4. A grocery receipt the length of my forearm. Since I have begun cooking more meals at home that is the norm. Because I invariably cook for an army. You know like 3 lb meatloaf .. mmm yeah..
5. My pocket tool. It is the most awesome thing ever and was made for a woman’s purse. It opens into needle nose pliers but has a screwdriver, small knife blade, a pop opener, a small flashlight, and a nail file all on it. Folds up and slides into its own little pouch.
6. Extra pack of cigarettes and a lighter or two. yes I smoke don’t judge.
7. My keys.. well technically I have more key chains than keys but oh well.
8. Coupons.. that I will take to the store with every intention of using them and forget them in my purse..
9. Cell phone.. nothing fancy no apps no games but I can text like no body’s business while sitting in a parking lot waiting on someone else..
10. A small pack of kleenex.. really I am a mom of 3 boys 4 if you count hubby those are a requirement.
Now go dump your bag and link up with Stasha